Friday, March 23, 2012

What's your goal?

Everyone (okay not everyone but most people) Have a goal that they want to accomplish in life. So what's yours? Why? Mine? My goal is to change the world and make people listen. Get my thoughts heard. It's always been a goal of mine, and i think this blog is a good start. I'm amazed how a set of words can make you think hard about things and make people want to change. In social studies I read about some woman named... something Barbra i think? Who was the first Women Texas representative in Congress or some elected official. And she said this short speech about how the Constitution says "We the people" And she felt as if she'd never been included and now she did. I think that statement is really strong because it was true. In her time, segregation still existed. I thought those were some very powerful words and i admire that. When i think of slavery and the segregation, and women's rights and suffrage, i always think of how the Constitution says "Let every man be equal" And yet, not everyone WAS equal. And she really put that thought into a great speech.
Your fav. Blogger,
~Kenster

No comments:

Post a Comment