Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Black and White but Stuck In the Grey

When your on the outside looking in you see a lot of situations as black and white, and that was me. I thought I knew right from wrong and good justice and it seemed so simple before. Recently, it's not the case. I've found myself actually in the middle of those situations and I don't know what to do anymore. I've come to find out that it's actually more of a grey area than you would think.

Today I found out that Keaton broke up with my friend Phishie.

As a girl, I automatically feel the responsibility to side with her. To make sure she's okay and ostracize the guy. That's what seems like the right thing to do in the situation. That's what I always consented myself to do in the case of that situation. In the case of x-boyfriends, they are off limits and you don't easily forgive them for doing that to a dear friend.

I mean, they've been going out for almost a year now and he just suddenly broke it up... OVER TEXT! They go to different schools but they always see each other in the mornings now. It wasn't a necessity like it was for Adam and I, we lived in two different states. So obviously, that wasn't the right thing to do. Not to mention that it's almost Valentines but that also brings in the question what is the time period that you should avoid breaking up with someone because of Valentines?

The problem is however, Keaton considers me a friend and I him. He's funny and a dear friend to me in this class. But I've only known him to about a week so the bonds of friendship shouldn't be that deep already and easily broken off? Is completely breaking off my friendship with him really the right thing to do?

I really don't want to actually. But I also don't want him to just get off free from hurting a dear friend of mine either.

However, now I'm feeling the guilt because he's currently ignoring me due to the way I'm blaming him for things and listen to some angry music (which I can hear through his headphones). So that makes me feel bad for making him upset...

Can I really make him feel guilty for the way that he feels?

I mean, I did read the text and it was pretty nice considering but still, I feel the obligation as Phishie's friend to not excuse his behavior... because I'm not supposed to, right?

I feel really bad about making Keaton mad right now. Phishie doesn't even seem that upset, just shocked. She said on a scale of 1-10 she's a 7... but part of me feels like that can't be right, just because they dated for almost year.... If she's telling the truth, I guess I could be easier on him but what if she's lying?

I don't know what to do guys! Help!

Blah Blah Blah, write on!

Your Fav. Blogger,
~Kenster

No comments:

Post a Comment