Monday, August 11, 2014

Equality For All People

So I've been watching Youtube and I recently re-watched a few music videos posted by a channel called "RyanJamesYezak". The channel is a gay rights movement type of channel and although I only know them from the music videos, I love them soo much. I seriously suggest you check it out but mostly I'm typing this because it inspired me to write about the gay rights movement in general (Wait, am I suppose to capitalize that? Opps, sorry if I didn't. I'll fix it later if I'm supposed too...). I seriously support the gay rights movement. I just wish there were gay pride parades where I lived :( because I'd definitely go support them as a straight ally. I myself, am not gay. When i think about it, if a girl kissed me, wouldn't be offended and I wouldn't be upset but I am not attracted sexually to girls. I guess that's why I don't care, because if I'm not sexually attracted it doesn't really matter to me. However, I know alot of people that are lesbian, Bi or Pansexual. Now, I would like to clarify (at least how I understand it).

Straight- Attracted to members of the opposite gender
Gay- A man attracted to members of the same sex (although used as a general and adjective too)
Lesbian: A woman attracted to member of the same sex (although we also use gay to describe them too, lesbian is just more specific)
Bisexual: A man or women attracted to members of both sexes (not including transgender)
Asexual: A person with a generally low sex drive or no sex drive at all
Transgender: A person who has switched genders by a medical process
Pansexual: Attracted to everyone (including transgender)
Straight Ally- This isn't a sexual orientation but it is sometimes included in the list. A straight ally is a straight man or women who supports the gay right movement.

See, to me the distinction between a bi and pan is including of Trans. specifically and I don't know if that's right but that's how I've always distinguished between the two. Otherwise, I'm not really sure what the difference is. Though, I heard some people say Pan includes sexual attraction to animals... no, that's just bestiality and a sexual fetish. Honestly, if that became a sexual orientation I'd support equal rights for you but I would not agree with what your doing. You can't effectively communicate with animals like that. I just...no. as far as I'm concerned or have knowledge of, it's not a thing, so I don't have to worry about that.

Speaking of the different sexual orientations, I don't get transgender. I don't understand the want to change gender. However, it's your body and you can do whatever you want with it, I don't have the right to say you can't and they should have equal rights. It basically is just another form of cosmetic surgery. Now, I don't agree with cosmetic surgery either but, what's done is done. You don't see people denying them rights but take one step below the belt line and "ER MER GERRRD!" pandemonium. (eye roll) That's just stupid.

Continuing on. I don't understand why people automatically assume that straight allies have to be gay... um, no. I just believe in equal rights... there really is nothing more to say about that.

And now we get to the bulk of the issue. Marriage equality. I would like to point out there are so many issues with the fight AGAINST it, it's ridiculous. Do you actually know what "traditional" marriage actually was? Look it up. I dare you. Pologamy, rapists, concubines were all popular forms of 'traditional' marriage. It's in the bible. So there is no "traditional" form of marriage anyways! I would also like to point out: This isn't a religious issue. Separation of church and state people. You can believe what ever you want, but you can't use your religion to justify infringing on the rights of others.

That's just wrong.

I wrote my project on it and i think that I may even post it :) That would be awesome.

Your fav. Blogger,
~Kenster

No comments:

Post a Comment