Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Audio Media

I have even recently become addicted to a podcast called "Welcome To Night Vale". I find the fact that I can follow along a rare occurrence. Audio books, for example, are awful. I can never follow along. When I listen to them I have an unfulfilled itch for the familiar textured feel, the smell of pages bound in glue. Books are meant to be read. Not listened to. Personally, I think Audio Books are  used by lazy people or in the car when you should be listening to the radio. It's a bit biased of me, but I have ways. In my ways, the perfect time to listen to the radio is in the car. Not in your bedroom, not with friend or playing while you relax in your brand-new hottub, in the car. I hate the uncomftable silence of a car. It needs the background sound of a radio station, there's no way to get around that. Now, listening to an audio book while you read along is a bit different. I geuss I get that. But audio books usually have such a monotone, annoying voice that I really can't stand them.

Another popular form of audio media, as mention earlier, is the radio. Now, to me, the main purpose of the radio has always been for music. I have never really used it for news although everytime we're in the car, my mom sets it to the public radio (snore). Sometimes there are intresting articles but like audio books, I find it hard to follow along. In the mornings, last year I'd turn on my favorite pop radio station but it'd always be their annoying talk show that just gave me a headache. They were talkng all about the latest celeberity gossip when really, all I wanted was a few musical tunes to get dressed, eat my breakfast and brush my teeth to. Instead I had to listen to thier annoying voices yap about things that nobody really cares about. So eventually I just shut it off. I've learned my lesson on that one.

The next audio media I can think of is the podcast. I personally have no had a lot of experince wih podcasts. But, I'll admit, without doing my research, I used to think they were stupid, like most forms of audio media. The truth is, I've found a really delightful, enjoyable show called "Welcome To Night Vale" as I mentioned earlier. So, I have to eat my words on that one. I would do some podcast research and see all about it but once a start a series of something I have to listen, watch or read it in order to the end so I will have to wait t l I finish Night Vale to check out the others. However, I am very curious about what could possibly be out there.

In genera, I've never seen the use of audio media for there are very few audio learners out there and all the commercials are really annoying. However, I really like music and my favorite new podcasts so I will admit it is not completely useless. Instead, it is very useful, unless your are a pessimist like me who doesn't like to admit they were wrong. :P

Blah blah blah
Your Fav. Blogger,
~Kenster

No comments:

Post a Comment